The Blue Mountains: AirBnB Getaways
With over 300 properties listed on Airbnb, there are no shortage of places to stay in the Blue Mountains. To help you choose, we decided to do some of the hard work for you. Here's our short list of great Airbnbs for a short stay!
1. At 1065 metres above sea level, Blackheath is the highest village in the Blue Mountains, which in Summer means it’s also the coolest. The town has a great selection of cafes, galleries and bookshops and there’s a fabulous public pool surrounded by parklands. With its clean lines and light filled spaces this recently completed architect designed house is all mountains chic – it’s the funky mountains getaway you’ll wish was yours, and it can be – if only for a night or two.
2. Travelling with both your furry and biological children? No problem. Want to stay close to town and ditch the car? Sorted. After a light-filled weatherboard cottage decked out with super stylish furniture? Then Raven's View Cottage in Katoomba is the place for you.
Add bonus – this rare find also has Victorian-style glasshouse, perfect for family dining alfresco!
3. A short walk from the picturesque village of Leura, Strawbale Cottage is a gorgeous bespoke bolthole – this is perfect for a couple who want to relax and unwind. With a claw foot bath to soak in and a loft-style reading nook to escape to, the hardest thing will be getting out the front door.
4. Just around the corner from the famous Wentworth Falls, The Potting Shed is a unique and cosy getaway which can accommodate 2 adults in the bedroom and up to 4 in the communal living area. Surrounded by a lovely garden, it’s a fun, rustic place to relax in. You can even pick a lemon from the tree out the back – a perfect addition to your sundowner G&T.
5. Tap out of your daily routine & enjoy the best of what Katoomba has to offer with The Apartment. Located right in the heart of Katoomba just a stone's throw away from Echo Point, Scenic World and the town centre, this cosy one bedder is perfect for that last-minute romantic getaway.