01 Jul 2020
Our Top 5 Family Friendly Bushwalks
We asked the mums and dads of Scenic World to nominate their favourite kid-friendly Blue Mountains hikes.
- Gordon Falls Reserve, Leura. There are several short walks here, some to lookouts and one down to the Pool of Siloam. The Reserve also has the added bonus of nearby play equipment, BBQs and plenty of shady grass; a great end to a family walk.
- Prince Henry Cliff Walk, Katoomba. A nice leisurely walk with amazing views. Start at Scenic World and access the track from behind the main plaza before walking around to the iconic Three Sisters via Katoomba Falls. This moderate walking track boasts some of the best views in the Blue Mountains.
- Furber Stairs, Katoomba. From the Prince Henry Cliff Walk, take the Furber Steps down into the Jamison Valley - there are a lot of stairs but amazing views of Katoomba Falls and the Three Sisters.
- Wentworth Falls Lake, Wentworth Falls. While not technically a bushwalk, the one kilometre circuit walk around Wentworth Falls Lake is perfect for little legs. The Lake is also a fantastic place to enjoy a picnic with new public bathrooms, plenty of green space and huge playground the kids with love.
- Catalina Park Raceway. This one is less of a bushwalk and more of a dream bike track for kids. The 2km car racing circuit was built in the 1960s and used up until the 1990s. It's very peaceful and interesting part of Katoomba's history. The kids can ride safely without the threat of cars (but there are a few steep hills to manage). There's also a duck pond nearby and the Katoomba Sports & Aquatic Centre adjacent to the track.