An Experience Like Nothing Else on Earth
Beyond Skyway: What's Included?
Your Beyond Skyway ticket includes a 90 minute experience, including up to 30 minutes on the roof of the cabin, refreshments and a complimentary champagne, wine or beer on your return. A branded digital image package is complimentary so that you'll never forget your Beyond Skyway adventure.
How Long Does It Take?
90 minutes from arrival to departure—which includes check in, safety briefing, harness fitting, up to 30 minutes atop the Skyway cabin, journeys aboard the Skyway out and back.
Where Does Our Beyond Skyway Experience Begin?
Park either out the front of the main entrance, or in our undercover carpark. Make your way to the front of our main building and look for the big "Beyond Skyway" sign on the facade of the building. Your Beyond Skyway concierge will be waiting for you. If you are running late or have any other issues, just call +61460036606.
You must meet the criteria listed below to experience Beyond Skyway:
- 10 years of age or older
- Minimum height 1.47 meters tall
- Maximum height 1.93 meters tall
- Minimum 40kgs in weight
- Maximum 136kgs in weight
- Be able to ascend and descend a ladder with 11 steps
- Pass through a hatchway of the dimensions 65cm x 65cm
- All child bookings must be accompanied by a paid participating adult
- You will be breath-tested before your Beyond Skyway, you must be below 0.05% blood alcohol content
You should have a general level of fitness and be physically and medically fit to take part. No specific training is required before your Beyond Skyway experience, however, you will be given a safety briefing and guidance from your Beyond Skyway Crew on the day. You will need to be able to climb up and descend a ladder with 11 steps.
Medical conditions are different for everyone, some medical conditions will require that you and your GP complete our Medical Form. The Medical Form will also need to be completed if you are over 75, pregnant (less than 24 weeks and low risk) or have an underlying medical condition.
The complete list of conditions is listed on our Medical Form available here to download.
The Medical Form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 days prior to your experience.
Conditions which exclude a person from climbing include a diagnosed fear of heights (acrophobia) or vertigo, or being more than 24 weeks pregnant.
Accessibility and Disabilities
Scenic World endeavours to make the Beyond Skyway experience accessible to as many people as possible whilst keeping everyone safe. This means there are some minimum requirements that must be met in order to be able to participate in the experience:
- You must be able to be secured into the Beyond Skyway harness.
- You must be able to wear the harness and tethers weighing not more than 7kg for the duration of the Experience (maximum one hour, although this may be longer in certain circumstances).
- You must be able to ascend and descend a step ladder with (11) steps with minimal assistance.
- Participants must be able to support themselves in an upright position.
- Prosthetic limbs must be attached to participate in the Experience.
If you have a disability that may impact your ability to begin and complete the Experience, please call our Beyond Skyway Concierge Team on +61460036606 in advance of purchasing a Ticket, who can discuss your specific abilities with you so we can see if we can make it work for you.
Scenic World reserves the right to refuse participation in the Experience.
What to Wear
- You must wear enclosed, flat shoes. We recommend sports shoes or something comfortable with some grip. No heels, thongs, ugg boots, or sandals, or slip-on shoes.
- Wear pants, leggings or shorts, not skirts or dresses.
- Wear comfortable clothes suited to the weather:
- Late Spring/Summer/Early Autumn - active wear or shorts/tracksuit pants and t-shirt/jumper/raincoat. We are in the mountains and the weather can turn cold or wet quickly so we recommend bringing something warm.
Temperature range – 12 – 35 degrees
- Late Autumn, Winter, Early Spring - add layers to the above such as thermals/puffer/raincoat to keep you warm. Temperature Range 0 – 20 degrees
- Don’t forget your sunglasses and to apply sunscreen.
How Safe Is Skyway Rooftop?
Scenic World is renowned for its diligent and detailed approach to all levels of safety. Beyond Skyway has been developed with best-in-class engineering and safety protocols, which were developed working with Working at Heights consultant. Locked, full-body harnesses are personally fitted for each guest and from the moment that anyone steps onto the ladder to the rooftop, is always secured to one or more anchor points.
What Can I Bring Out On The Rooftop With Me?
Click here to see a summary of what you can take with you out onto the rooftop.
For everything you can't take, don't sweat it! We have individual, secure pods for storage until your return.
I Have A Fear Of Heights, Will I Be OK?
The most heart-racing moment of the Beyond Skyway experience is the moment you climb through the hatch, out onto the rooftop. There is never a moment when you are not securely attached to anchor points throughout the cabin. Before going up the ladder to the rooftop you are securely attached to our Height Safety System, and from that point on are always attached until you are safely back down. However most people find that once they're sitting on the benches in the middle of the roof, that any feelings of fear wash away and a sense of tranquility replaces it. People with medically diagnosed vertigo or fear of heights cannot participate in Beyond Skyway.
Can I Still Experience Beyond Skyway If I Don't Sign The Declaration?
Not under any circumstances. Your safety is paramount to us; we need to know you’re able to safely complete Beyond Skyway. Every participant is required to complete and submit the Waiver and Disclaimer. If you are over 75 years of age, pregnant, or have a medical condition, you must also submit the Medical Form signed by a GP, no later than 3 days prior to your tour.