Scenic World presents Take Flight Social Competition 2019
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on the Competition and how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. By entering the Competition you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of the Competition promoter (Katoomba Scenic Railway Pty Ltd T/A Scenic World), which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. The Competition and these conditions of entry are void where prohibited by law. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the Scenic World website at www.scenicworld.com.au.
2. The promoter is Katoomba Scenic Railway Pty Ltd. T/A Scenic World of 1 Violet St, Katoomba, NSW 2780.
3. Employees of Scenic World, their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to apply for this Competition.
4. The Competition entries can be submitted from 9:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC + 10) on September 28 2019 and entries close at 5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST, UTC +10) on October 18 2019. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by Scenic World and Scenic World records are conclusive as to the time of receipt. All dates are subject to change if necessary at Scenic World’s discretion.
5. How to enter:
Step 1: Take a photo or video during Scenic World presents Take Flight from September 28 – October 13 2019.
Step 2: Upload your image or video to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #ScenicTakeFlight. Please note, the User’s privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ to allow Scenic World to retrieve any content.
6. Only entries submitted via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter which are appropriately hashtagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original. Multiple entries are allowed.
7. Winners will receive a Scenic World Family Annual Pass. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges who will qualify images based on their creativity, relevance, and appropriate use of the #ScenicTakeFlight hashtag. Winners will be selected at Scenic World’s discretion.
8. Judging will take place on Monday 21 October 2019 at 10.00am (AEST) at Scenic World, 1 Violet St, Katoomba. The Judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
9. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter.
10. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual internet service provider.
11. Use of images:
11.1 All images published on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the #ScenicTakeFlight hashtag may be moderated and displayed on the Scenic World website and associated social media channels. All images and associated usernames will be made public on Scenic World’s social media platforms.
11.2 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast and shared via digital and social platforms. Content may also be printed for used for Scenic World promotional purposes.
12. Competition winners will be notified by their nominated social media platform, with the winners to be announced on Scenic World’s social media platforms by Tuesday 22 October 2019.
13. If any Prize Winner is not immediately identifiable or contactable Scenic World will make reasonable efforts to identify and/or contact the Prize winner. If the Prize winner has not accepted the prize within five business days, the next best entry will be selected.
14. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected mail or any errors or failures in internet or other communications. Scenic World reserves the right to cancel or modify the Competition promotion if, in its sole discretion, the administration of the Competition promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the Competition Prize Winner from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
15. The Prize Winner agrees that acceptance of the prize is conditional upon compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations and upon the Prize Winner releasing Scenic World, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for any personal injury or other loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) suffered in connection with the acceptance or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Scenic World reserves the right to disqualify the Prize Winner at its absolute discretion in the event of non-compliance or the failure to provide such releases.
16. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under state regulation.
17. The Prize Winner will receive a Scenic World Family Annual Pass. Scenic World will post the prize to the Prize Winner’s nominated postal address. The Prize Winner is responsible for any other costs associated with accepting the prize including but not limited to any internet hosting or data packages.
18. Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of terms and conditions of the entrant’s chosen social media platform on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.